This card is an illustration of my comical misunderstanding of a classic carol.
In the meadow we will build a snowman
and pretend that he is Parson brown.
He'll say "are you married?"
We'll say "no, man. But you can do the job while you're in town!"
Up until after I had completed this card last season, I was under the impression that the "we" in Winter Wonderland was a couple of friends who both had a crush on the local pastor. I thought they were pretending to be married to him for the weekend, not pretending to be married by him, to each other! Apparently, the latter is the common interpretation. I still like my imagining and the source of inspiration for this image: frosty kisses.
This is a card for your friends and family who like singing along, even when they don't always know the words!
- heavy, cotton rag paper printed with an original linocut design
- measuring 4" wide and 5.5" tall closed
- comes with a cream coloured envelope
- the gold version has metallic powder brushed over it post-printing and has a gorgeous shimmer.
- the inside is blank, as is the back of the card, just in case you need to write a rambling sort of note, as I often do!
The interior of this card is blank.