Penrose Press is a book arts practice by Brianna Tosswill in collaboration with various creatives in Canada. Its mandate is to present storytelling in beautiful, physical detail, and to amplify marginalized voices and perspectives. Art feeds empathy.
Take some time to explore! If I may offer a couple of suggestions for where to get started:
- Nerd Time with Brianna is where you can really get to know me (Brianna Tosswill) the voice behind the first-person writing on this website and across the Penrose social medias. There is personal/professional history, linocut and bookbinding lessons, and creative excitement in abundance.
- Collaborators is where you can read about the super cool creators that I've had the pleasure to work with so far! They're mostly poets and authors in Canada but I've got an international project coming, as well as one with a talented textile artist friend.
- Let's make something together: did you see yourself on the collaborators page? Are you bursting with ideas and the will to get them out in the world. Here's how to get in touch.
- The Bookshop is mostly what it sounds like PLUS some cool book-adjacent projects and a bunch of linocut and letterpress prints!
- Cant get enough? I've got a freebie called "Bookarts Goals" that you can get right here.
Thanks for coming over! You can keep in touch via @penrosepress on Instagram, or sign up for the mailing list at the bottom of this page. Don't be a stranger, I'd love to hear from you.