(Guilty) Pleasure Reads
I know I'm not the only one who has fantasized about the perfect reading spot. It's mostly about comfort and safety. You need to take care of your body while your mind is far away. Privacy seems to be essential, and possibly that human instinct of sitting in a perch with an excellent view of the surrounding area, and a wall at your back for security. The stained-glass windows and interior-with-just-enough-light-to-read add to the feelings of peace and solitude. And because this is a fantasy born of my mind, there is art on the walls and a flatfile perch.
The snippets of novels that float around this reader are bits of romance. There are some direct quotations, and some paraphrasing, books, movies, and one musical allusion. Note the variety of pronouns and enthusiastic consent! For anyone who doesn't know, the "HEA, HFN" poster on the wall is Romance Bookclub speak for "Happily Ever After" and "Happily For Now".
The official title is "Guilty Pleasure Reads" with a strike-through "Guilty".
- reduction linocut with pressure printing
- image: 12 x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
- paper: 14 x 15" (35 x 37.5 cm) Stonehenge in Steel Gray (lovely, soft off-white)
- printed in lightfast rubber based ink
- signed and editioned by Brianna Tosswill along the bottom of the image
- 10% of sales are donated
- part of the Readers Series
- shipped flat worldwide